The University System of Georgia (USG) will remain open on September 3.
To encourage unvaccinated USG employees to schedule their COVID-19 vaccine appointments and to thank those who are already vaccinated, the USG will provide employees, including temporary faculty and staff, with up to eight hours of administrative time off.
The following guidance is provided in compliance with the intent of the Governor’s COVID-19 Vaccination Day for state employees.
- This leave is in lieu of and aligns with Governor Kemp’s Vaccination Day closing of state offices on September 3.
- To make this process as convenient as possible while maintaining service to our students and campus community, USG employees may request time off from September 1 to December 31.
Request for Vaccine Day Administrative Leave
- The leave request must be submitted for approval to your manager.
- The employee must provide reasonable notice and the requested time should not disrupt the department’s operation.
- Upon approval, managers will input the leave on behalf of their employees using the correct leave code to ensure proper tracking and reporting. The leave code is expected to be available by September 1.
Our priority is to protect the health and safety of our campus community by encouraging and supporting our employees to be vaccinated. If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, please contact your medical professional. For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine or to find vaccination locations, visit https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-vaccine . Vaccines are also being administered at 55 Park Place on the Atlanta Campus. Information on how to book an appointment to receive a vaccination are found athttps://covidinfo.gsu.edu.
More information, including frequently asked questions about Vaccine Day Administrative Leave, can be found on the https://covidinfo.gsu.edu webpage.